CNA Courses at Red Cross
The CNA courses are in great demand among several aspirants who want to get certified and get immense job opportunities. The primary requirement of this profession is to pursue the training from an accredited school or training center for certified nursing assistants and obtain the certification and license. One such institute that holds accreditation, provides good quality education and affordable fees is the American Red Cross CNA training institute. The CNA courses at Red Cross are highly preferred by several candidates who want to pursue a profitable career in the health-care sector.
One of the reasons for its popularity is its recognition throughout the United States of America. The greatest advantage is that once you get the license after the training program, you become eligible to work in any state across the country.
There are certain criteria laid down by the Red Cross that an individual has to fulfill so as to enroll in the CNA courses offered by Red Cross. Given below are the criteria for being eligible:
- You should have completed 18 years at the time of enrollment
- Completion of either the General Educational Development (GED) or the high school diploma is mandatory
- Should have clear the drug screening, criminal background verification and the fingerprinting test
- A medical check-up determining the physical condition of the body and a tuberculosis (TB) test is compulsory. These tests should be taken within a period of six months before joining the course.
- Should possess a social security number as a proof of identification
- Some of the branches of the Red Cross institute also conducts a pre-admission test to check their aptitude level and their proficiency in the English language
The admission procedure is not unique throughout and may differ to some extent. However, given below is the standard format of getting registered for the nursing course.
- Either visit the institute and collect the essential forms or download the required application forms from their official website
- Submit the filled application forms, and the required documents along with a deposit that is non-refundable
Information About CNA Courses at Red Cross
It is mandatory to complete 75 hours of training. However, due to the large amount of course content, it usually extends to around 160 to 170 hours (4 to 6 weeks) that includes both: the classroom session and the clinical session.
Given below is the table that describes outline of CNA courses that is taught in the Red Cross institutes.
Course Cost :
On an average, pursuing the training from the Red Cross institute will cost around USD 500 to USD 2000. This cost depends upon the length of CNA training course and the state policies of the respective state that govern the certification. The fees can be paid either through credit card, money order or a check. The mode of payment varies from one chapter to the other. Therefore, it is advisable to inquire about it in the chapter where you are seeking admission. Installment payment procedure is also available at some branches.
Advantages to Join the Red Cross
- Cost Effective: It is cost-effective when compared to some other training institutes. The fees paid not only comprise of the course fees, but also comprises of the uniforms, textbooks, examination fees, stethoscope and other training supplies. As this institute is termed to be a non-profit organization, the amount spent in training is utilized to provide support to the response programs.
- Convenience: Availability of its chapters at almost all the places in the USA has proven to be beneficial for the rural areas as well.
- Flexible Timings: Classes are conducted during the day and in the evening hours. Weekend classes are also conducted.
- Instructors: The instructors or the trainers who teach the students are extremely skilled and knowledgeable. They are licensed registered nurses (RN), who possess several years of experience in the nursing field.
- Nationwide Recognition: Its reputation throughout the nation is one more advantage. Employers give preference to the trainees qualifying from any of the Red Cross chapters.
- Instructive Course Material: The training material provided is very useful and illustrative. These textbooks provided by them help to excel the CNA certification exam with flying colors.
The health-care sector is one such area that keeps on adding jobs for suitable and qualified employees. The CNA courses at Red Cross institute helps to fulfill this need by training the students to become talented and suitable certified nursing assistants.
- Free CNA Courses
- Online CNA Courses
- CNA Courses at Red Cross
- CNA Crash Courses
- CNA Refresher Courses
Regarding CNA Courses
- CNA Courses Description
- CNA Courses Outline
- CNA Courses Books
- CNA Courses in College
- CNA Courses in Hospital
- CNA Courses in Los Angeles
- CNA Courses in Charlotte NC
- CNA Courses in Maine
- CNA Courses in Orlando FL